1kg baking potatoes
3-4 cloves of garlic
500ml of double cream
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 160C/320F/Gas 2.
2. Slice the potatoes into thin slices about
3mm thick. Place them into a bowl of cold water to stop them turning brown.
3. Grate the garlic cloves and then place into a bowl.
4. Pour the cream into the bowl with the garlic.
5. Remove the potatoes from the water and dry with paper towel. When dry place the potatoes together with the cream & garlic and season with salt & pepper.
6. Mix it all together and then layer the potato in a oven proof dish, pouring any left over cream on. Make sure that there is about 5mm space at the top of the dish.
7. Place into the oven and cook for 1.5 hours until the potato is lovely and tender making sure that it's piping hot all the way through.